Follow instructions to MMF recipe HERE. You will add the following ingredients to recipe above.
- 1 oz melted semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (it can be either Dutch-process or natural - the later will give a more pronounced flavor)*
- Follow Instructions on MMF recipe from Step1 to 3, for melting the marshmallow. Once these are melted, stir melted chocolate in a mixing bowl until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Here is the change to the MMF recipe. Instead of just adding the sugar, place the sugar in a small mixing bowl and sift the cocoa powder in a small mesh strainer over the sugar. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Proceed to step four, sift sugar and cocoa mix over the melted marshmallow and continue the instructions, i.e., mix until well incorporated.
- Continue with the kneading (this is hot- wait until it cools a little or start kneading with a spoon until safe to the touch).
*Variations to this recipe:
- You can also use white chocolate by substituting 1 oz of semi-sweet chocolate and 1 tbspoon of cocoa powder with 2 oz of white chocolate.