- 1 lb of Mini Marshmallows (easier to melt)
- 1 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1tsp No Color Butter Flavor
- 2 tbsp of Water
- 2 lbs of Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- A little bit of shortening
- Grease a microwaveable bowl with shortening. Add all mini marshmallows, clear vanilla, butter flavoring and water
- Microwave for 60 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted with fork
- If all the mini marshmallows don't melt after stirring, return to microwave for 30 seconds and sitr (repeat in itervals if necessary) - this step is usually not necesary for me
- Add the powdered sugar gradually (you might not need all the sugar) and process at low speed until well incorporated, then increase speed (if you don't have a stand mixer, mix with fork until well incorporated then knead)
- Powder surface with powder sugar. Knead marshmallow mix (careful, it might be hot at this point so knead with fork until it cools down a bit. You can grease your hands if you like to avoid marshmallow sticking to your hands). Kneading should not take long.
- If the mix is too sticky, then add more sugar until it becomes firmer
- Knead into a loaf (it will be a little bit soft at this point but don't worry). Wrap in plastic and cool for one hour (it will get firmer then)
- You can store on dry place or refrigerator (it will store for weeks)
- Roll MMF same day you made it when a little warm to get a really thin rolled fondant.
- Let the refrigerated fondant sit for a while at room temperature before use. You can speed the process by microwaving the fondant for 10 seconds and knead again.
- If it is too dry when you knead your fondant, add water and knead again.