An Expression of Art

Friday, October 19, 2007

Marshmallow Fondant - Small Round Pillow with Roses Cake

I made this small round cake for a friend's tea call (same day quick cake). The fondant used for the drape, border and to cover the cake were made from scratch with Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) and covered with some pearl dust to give it a shine (I am not sure if you can tell from this picture). I didn't try to use MMF for the flowers, as I had these made previously. If I had used MMF for the roses, I would have made them when the MMF was still fresh and warm (just made). I find that it is easier to roll fondant very thin when it is just made. Easier than commercial fondant.



I had made and stored this MMF for a week so it was a little hard to roll it thin. By heating it a little bit in the microwave, it made it easy to knead again. The cost to make MMF is around $3dlls - compare with store bought ($20dlls/5lbs). Remember, MMF fondant tastes waaaay better than commercial fondant.





small rose round pillow cake





Coming Soon!!
Theme Marshmallow Fondant Cake: Super Mario Brothers

No comments: