I was trying for the first time the Frozen Butter Cream Transfer technique. It turned out to be very easy and the end result is WOW.
What you need:
- Wax paper
- Buttercream, buttercream... that's all!!! (medium consistency)
- Choose a template for your cake design (sometimes the template comes with the cake pan).
- Trace the cake design on wax paper. If using a molded pan, trace insert.
- Invert desing as we will have to transfer buttercream onto cake by flipping image (if using molded pan insert, don' t need to invert image as it is already inverted for you)
- Trace outline with black buttercream
- Fill the rest with buttercream (color of choice) with a piping bag using a round tip. Width of your choice. You can peek to see how image is coming out!
- In order to avoid gaps between colors, it is okay to overlap some of the buttercream on top of other. Don't mix.
- Place in freezer for one hour.
- Place wax paper over cake, with buttercream touching top of cake (the cake can be slightly frosted).
- Remove wax paper carefully and VOILA!!!
This is the end result cake: