An Expression of Art

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Contemporary Cake

I wanted to make a cake that was contemporary and artistic. I tried the following 2 layer 6 inch cake. Imagine this as a 2 tier cake!! It would look wonderful!!

I tried a new chocolate recipe (chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and chocolate chips) filled with dark chocolate truffle mousse. I covered the cake with chocolate butter cream for the fondant to stick to and then covered it with white fondant. The cake was then decorated with orange fondant cutouts in different circle shapes.

Double click on the picture to enlarge it:

Contemporary Fondant




contemporary fondant whole




The cake was so moist and delicious. It stayed like that until it was gone!!!

Click on this link to an earlier post for fondant information:
What is fondant?
Working with Fondant
Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
More Fondant Cake Pics

Coming SOON!!
How to Make Fondant Roses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey would u be able to email me the recipe for that cake. got my mouth watering just reading ur comments. hey thatnk smy email adress is mr_fuddy@hotmail.com and my name is matt