An Expression of Art

Monday, October 1, 2007

Basket-Weave Cake

In order to increase my knowledge in cake decorating I took a class to learn new techniques. I learnt in this class to create beautiful Royal icing flowers and basket-weave the cake with buttercream.

I would like to share with you the buttercream basketweave and rope border decorations that I used in this cake as well as these beautiful royal icing flowers.


basket-weave-cake-smll.jpg

Click on the links below for step-by-step instructions and/or information:
Royal Icing Recipe
Buttercream Icing Recipe
Basket-Weave technique (step-by-step instructions)
Royal Icing Flower Index

Coming Soon:
Royal Icing Flower Index with step-by-step instructions
Rope Border

About this cake: Chocolate, cinnamon and banana cake filled with 'dulce de leche'. Basket weave and rope borders made with buttercream icing. Flowers with royal icing: apple blossoms, daisies, victorian roses, daffodils, mums and violets.

1 comment:

A Coffee-Loving Blogging Mummy said...

Thank you for sharing your expertise! Am using your ideas to help create a cake for my mother in law's birthday. I have only taken one Wilton Cake Decorating course so far and love it. Will be taking more in the Fall.